3.2.09

walk two moons

I wore Ren's shoes to school today, a combination of necessity and comfort because a) I woke up way too late to be running to class in my usual heels and b) I had two, two-hour midterms in a row this afternoon and Chucks seemed like a good idea---especially green, embroidered ones like Ren's. Still, not that big of a deal, right? Wrong.

I was confused all day. The shoes are so entirely Ren that I had a hard time understanding that they were on my feet. I would literally look down and reevaluate exactly who I thought I was. It was an incredibly taxing psychological experiment, to say the least, and then people had to go and confuse me even more, saying Hi and What's up and How are you doing as if they knew me (they didn't). This happened at least twelve times, and I would like to say that this is simply because I do try to smile and be approachable but today wasn't exactly a stellar sort of E day, and I made no effort whatsoever to even make eye contact. And after conjugating heißen half a dozen different ways and explicating elements of Orientalism in Keats, I wasn't smiling, either.

Weird, weird day.

No comments: