28.1.09

rimandare al mittente

E: Did you know that the Rome Temple site is right by an IKEA?
My cup runneth over. -m.

(I love being my mother's daughter.)

Also, that little email made me want to go back in time---and not back in time like Washington crosses the Delaware back in time, or even Monday morning at about 11:57 back in time (though that might be nice; I am a colossal idiot), but just back in Italy time.

Which is notable because, up until this point, this hasn't happened to me. And I'm a very oh Jesse hold on sentimental type.

But today, I wouldn't mind a few hours back in Italia. Waking up to Schizzo in my face. Walking the cobblestones to school. Working on homework in the Campo. Hearing Luigia sing out A tavola! and the familiar scrape-scrape of those heavy chairs against the wood floor in the dining room below. Pecorino cheese. Wandering Firenze as if we know where our hostel is. Almost missing Kimberly at the train station for Lucca. Maybe even sitting in a matchbook-sized attic room, conjugating irregular verbs. Maybe.

Good thing we've still got Life Club.

3 comments:

Sum said...

Love your photo.

Ali said...

This photo of you is beautiful. Love it.

Annie said...

not to beat the dead horse...but I love that photo (as in I will use it as my visual picture of you in my mind from now on.) Also, I love your Jesse-hold-on missingness because it makes me feel normal.