3.2.09

just keep your head and play it as it plays

I spent the last weekend in Salt Lake, where I received continually strange and stranger texts from my apartment back in Provo. I mean, what do argyle socks have to do with my typical Saturday? Turns out my roommates were at new heights of awesomeness (which, come to think of it, isn't all that unusual) and had composed an incredibly precise, all-comprehensive, four-page Dating Application for us single ladies in s204. I immediately took it to press, prettied up the layout (I love you, Century Gothic), printed two dozen and hung a sign in the window: Apply Within.

Thing is, it worked. Wait, present tense: it's working.

Not only have we had four six replies already and another ten expected to be returned within the week, but these boys are proving their worth---when you get the hometown/major questions out of the way, you seriously get to the heart of things. Noteworthy:

::: two applicants speak Latvian. Anyone else just love that this place even exists*?
::: California, however, is really not a country. Just . . . no.
::: Mr. Darcy > everyone else. Excellent essay, if you ask me.
::: Gary Larsen, favorite artist? I'll have to think about that. But Simon Dewey? Nix.
and
::: I am America and So Can You? Yes. Duck Hunting? No. Sigh. You win some, you lose some.

Acceptance letters should be filed by Friday and, as we here at s204 work with Rolling Admissions, will continue through the end of semester. Interested? Intrigued? Comment. Email. You know where to find me and we look forward to the review---though if you can hum that post title, don't bother. You're in.

*Except, of course, in Italy. Sorry, Kimberly.

5 comments:

M said...

I know! I know! I know! (But I won't spoil it for any possible prospects). You girls are geniuses and all sorts of fun.

olivia said...

That is hilarious.

Allie said...

How cool :)

Kelsie J said...

Is this for real? Oh my goodness - hilarious, and FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

How come no one talks about Maddie?