27.1.09

super cool party people

Last night/day was epic, in ways from huzzah to heartbreak. First, Scripture Charades for FHE. Have you ever tried acting out Hagoth sailing northward? Do you even want to try? Then, all 128 pages of The Rumpelstiltskin Problem, read by a most theatrical and engaging storyteller, with a most appreciative and expressive audience (I nominate Taran to lifelong service as Official Bard of the Realm). Finally, a midnight alarm to a call ever nobler than sleep and responsibility: love. And in this case, love lost. It didn't take any second thought before we were out of bed and right into rescue mode---one carton of LaVell's Vanilla + three spoons.

Which is where the real point of the post comes in, and it's this: could I possibly have more marvelously magnificent roommates? Right, you don't even have to answer that. Sure, there's class in the morning and yes, my alarm's set for seven, but who misses a chance at adventure like this? After the hours of analysis, debate, Gilmore Girls* and kettle corn, we fell asleep as we were, curled up across the couch and the love seat, heartache vanquished in the wee hours of the morning. And there's nothing better than a little bitterness, some witty triumph, and spontaneous slumber parties when you can share it with girls like these. Alyssa, I salute you. Love is a battlefield, and you came out the victor. Ren, you are the sun to my sky. Thanks for forever singing Weezer in times of need, and mixing wicked mocktails to top it all off.

Here's to the many more nights ahead of us (though may they be born of happier drama).

BONUS! Our very own take on
Marty's Upside-Twisted-Slammer:

1 part Cran-Grape juice
1 part Ruby Red Grapefruit juice
+ three star-shaped ice cubes
--------------------------------------
= everything's going to be okay.

4 comments:

Lawsy said...

this is one of my favourite posts.

Alyssa said...

I do believe that this is the most excellent post I've ever beheld! You described the evening perfectly. What great memories these are! <3

Sum said...

Haha I loved all the comments you wrote on my blog! :) I love lomo too! I wish I had a Holga. What would we do without rhetoric and odd humor shirts? Traveling the world is amazing! You describe your trips so well, I wish I could do the same. And I'm addicted to reading your blog! Not to sound weird or anything but I absolutely LOVE it! And I get a lot of my inspiration from you. :)

olivia said...

ur Kool.