6.6.09

unfortunately, I woke up.

Dreamt I was deep in a World War III Resistance Movement last night. All sorts of amazing---the dark urban backdrop, some shiny-silver high-tech gadgets, a particularly moving scene where an overwhelming nostalgia for a once peaceful and bright childhood (shown in polaroids and post-marked mail) was juxtaposed against air raid sirens and orphans in fallout shelters while the sky shook overhead. But mostly amazing because my trusty sidekick whistled while he worked and also I was wearing these:


Which is when I knew for sure I had to be dreaming because my mother would cry if she even thought I would wear them.

{ but . . . maybe I would? }

7 comments:

Allie said...

I don't think I would wear them - but all the same, I like the IDEA of them. They look like something Peter Pan would wear.

olivia said...

may be you should turn your blog into a dream blog...

love the new header gurl.

Alyssa said...

Sounds like quite the dream...
i LOVE the new header!

naomi said...

secretly, i want those boots. but unfortunately we have the same mom who would cry if we wore them.

Sum said...

haha this makes me laugh so much! I love it! Your header is so cool! How do you have such an amazing blog with such creative everything?! :)

M said...

Don't you just love the commercials for this company? Or is it a commercial about the guy who runs the company? Either way, I secretly have a crush on him. Guess it's no longer a secret.

Lawsy said...

sometimes you got to rebel against your mum and wear the boots.

i think that's the only option here.