21.4.09

go. return. begin again.

Was it glorious? Did it work? Were you cute? And did you fall in love? Oh, I knew it! Spring has that way about it, you know. The sun comes out and life falls into place. And while I didn't exactly fall in love (and the cute's debatable), this week's been golden in its own right. In the past seven days I:

:: held an oscar
ken darby's for the music of Camelot, 1968. that little gold man is heavy.

:: wrote a 10-page paper
with 9 hours to spare before deadline. which has maybe never happened before. was a little bit a lot proud of such spontaneous self-discipline.

:: finally understood german
in a world-shattering moment of epiphany at a morning review. accusative? dative? that's what that means?! probably would've helped earlier in the semester. just glad it happened before the final.

:: sang in the rain
and then nearly cried in the snow. earth, it's spring. remember? update: yes, yes it did remember. now I am sunburned.

:: talked to ren. a lot. as always.
What about the cup of noodles? Did you think about the cup of noodles, Ren?---You're the one that likes to leave dairy products out on the table overnight!!---Well, I live on the edge, okay?---And obviously never got your food handler's license.---No, no I did not. What the?---I am a pony!---{ yes. this is all one conversation. }

:: wrote a short story.
called mild acts of mayhem. it was terrible. wish it could burn. instead, it's in a box somewhere on campus, waiting for the grade.

:: talked to animals
pushme-pullyu, anyone? a round of 'my friend the doctor?' what about william shakespeare, then? dr. doolittle was a favorite long ago and just as lovely as remembered. am glad a childhood happiness can retain its magic so well. incidentally, was up for best picture the same year darby took the above oscar. commence discussion

:: discovered the sweet tooth fairy bake shop
because the apt was full of dinner groupies and we needed an escape. strawberry, cookies+cream, s'mores. we ate them in an empty parking lot with a view of the mountains and the storm all around us. we talked about deep things, like life, and love. enriching in every way.

:: fell a little bit more in love with quite a lot of things
green foothills and grey skies. macey's bread. fiction writing. collage. the glass family. snail mail (to send+to receive). a boy. provo in the springtime. poppy red paired with a tiffany blue. indonesia. shannon hale. spontaneous adventure and far-off fantastical places. bare feet on green-green grass. open doors. empty shelves. countryside. space. reading under the covers after lights off.

Isn't it wild, what a week can hold? And I didn't even mention the midnight photo shoots, spontaneous music videos, a birthday in Africa and another in Brazil. Hope yours was just as lovely---and here's to final finals, the end of semester, and another beginning.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm pretty sure that our midnight photo shoot was the highlight of my week. You are lovely!

Lawsy said...

we did not do all those things in a week.

not possible.

also, our conversations are unreal.

Sum said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful week! :) I'm so impressed you can write 10 pages in 9 hours?! Ahhh! My debate is that writing papers kills more trees and is not eco-friendly. I have 30 pages to write between this week and next. So far my 12 page paper is due this Friday and I give up. haha I'm in love with all the things you're in love with. Yay, spring!