22.4.09

everything hopeful


I do not like endings very much. They make me feel a little bit broken. And they're worse when you're not really expecting it. I mean, you are, but then suddenly it's The Day and oh, hi, see you later?

This has happened twice today, and my stomach hurts. I hold on to things, remember? But I really thought I'd become better at this, after Wales and Italy and just 2008 in general, and here I am back at Square One. It makes sense, though. When there's this much good why would you ever want to say goodbye?

Today I packed up my car.

Tomorrow I'm headed home.

July I leave for the MTC.

And September I'm gone to Indonesia.

Oh. Right. Because the future's all the better. And if you're still not entirely convinced (it took me a while, too), I entrust you with this little blessing and, as a final post from Provo for a long while yet: goodbye. (See you in Salt Lake!)

{ love lights via irene suchocki }

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

That has been happening to me off and on all day. It's kind of coming in waves. I'm so happy that we've become friends; you are amazing! I've LOVED having you as a roommate!!!

Sum said...

This makes me feel a little sad. I don't like endings either. I feel quite the same, but on a smaller level than you.

Lindsey said...

Um-
We're going to be in SLC for a chunk of June.
Living across the street.
Just so you know. :D