6.4.09

carry a blanket maybe a basket

This weekend was General Conference weekend for my church, which means that I am feeling full and uplifted and really rather quite blessed. It also means that, on Saturday night, all our boys were called away for their Priesthood Session. Cue the girl time.

First, we made a sign
that said

And then we made a fort.
That was held together by extension cords, paper chains, and my Oi! buttons.
Which was awesome.


: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

Alyssa ordered pizza.
And I brought the Angus, Thongs, which also happens to be
the story of my life.
{ Georgia, do you think we're sad? }
Sad?
{ Because we're the only two without boyfriends? }


: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

We spent a happy two hours uninterrupted
until Mike got home + we let him in over the threshold because
Melanie says he meets our one exception
{ and we'll take her word on that }
Our fort should probably have a password, though.

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

Later, Ren+I played Jenga.
And I built a wee Roman temple.

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

Then we slept in our fort
And woke up to orange rolls and a prophet's voice.

Life was so good this weekend that
I almost forgot about how I might fail at school.
Almost.

7 comments:

Sum said...

You have the most awesome adventures and blog posts. Haha I have the very same fear of failing school right now, too.

olivia said...

i am so glad you spelled boys with a z. just completes it you know? but what would have really been great is if you went totally crazy and spelled it like this: BoIz.

Rich said...

The z is where it is at OLIVIA! BOYZ, GURLZ, BLOGZ, SNOGGURZ, ect. What else can I use from your post?

Allie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I also love Angus, Thongs... - how truthful a movie is that?! I was splitting my sides because those girls were ME at their age (except that I didn't get all that perfect snogging) :)

Kelsie Lynn said...

Mm hmm i am jealous. too cool for campus plaza.
fo shizzle mah nizzle!

Andino said...

That looks like so the best. How fun!

Sum said...

I remember I read this post a while ago. I just watched Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snoggers on the plane yesterday. I wasn't sure if I should watch it or not. OMG. Story of my life. I loved it. And Robbie is gorgeous.