27.2.09

there's more to life than just to live

{so you don't like their music---but how hot is this?}

Last night I learned how to build a computer. That was cool. And yesterday I played a Melodica in Brigham Square. That was cool, too. But not as cool as this.

We were discussing deep things at our kitchen table when it happened: that throbbing, incessant need to do something a little crazy. But at 10 o'clock in Provo? Prospects seemed dim. I checked Fandango on a whim, hoping that a late night movie might cut it et voila! University Cinemark. Jonas Brothers Concert in 3D. Special Engagement. 12:01 a.m. It only took a slow look and a raised eyebrow before we were off to the closet, pulling out our best and brightest to play up the fangirl.

There are about a million reasons why I loved it to pieces. Most of it you'll have to experience, but three I'll try to explain here. One, everyone in the theater took the concert tag quite literally, screaming and crying at the boys' arrival, clapping along to the beat, singing out loud when they turned the mic to the audience. We even ran and jumped and danced up the aisles. Two, it's high energy and tween-time fun. I loved just being as crazy as possible and not caring a bit. Finally, the behind-the-scenes footage confirmed all our suspicions: my sisters and I are basically the Jonas Brothers in female form. Naomi would fill Nick's sweetheart shoes in a sugared heartbeat, and it isn't hard to imagine Olivia taking center stage in both fashion and wit. Which leaves me, of course, to Kevin's fate---a joke my family still finds funny but I found a little too true last night. I would so completely be the one who took things way too seriously and then tried to be cool about it, too.

Like I said, the rest has to be experienced. But here's a sneak peak in case you're not quite convinced:

Demi Lovato + Taylor Swift show up for a guest spot.
Who doesn't want to see the Joe/Tay chemistry from back before the drama?

Nick is definitely the superstar of this show, first battling it out on the drums, then sliding onto the piano bench, and always crooning away on his guitar*. This little stretch of singing in the park was particularly moving, with a montage of modestly-dressed, bright-smiling couples wandering hand in hand along city streets and mountain trails while the JoBros sing about finding true, eternal love. If I didn't know any better, I'd think it were commissioned by BYU.

*see also: cartwheels and back flips

I even managed to snag a rather deep, dreamlike shot of my man.
Destiny has been kind, indeed.

Now, let's talk about this for a minute:

Nick gets the dapper horse driver and swell suit.
Joe plays up the moustache and tough love in a cop role.
And Kevin's working the hot dog stand.

Does he ask for this humiliation, or does it just come naturally?

You also get to wear super-chic shades, which I have on good authority
were designed by the Js themselves for ultimate cool.

We were total rockstars. You could be, too.

3 comments:

olivia said...

SO killer. And Kevin working at a hot dog stand? classic. Those are the 3d glasses?! pretty great.

Anonymous said...

you are a rockstar. you look fabulous with that headband, chic glasses, and your fabulous red stained lips.
gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with the Jonas Brothers that I would literally marry any one of them in a minute. Even Kevin. So excited to go see it!

P.S. You are so beautiful.