21.1.09

you're the most amazing, the most exalted, the most pre-eminent, the most top drawn---you won!


This post is dedicated to the indomitable spirit of the great friend that relayed ibuprofen six thousand feet over rough ice, across treacherous waters, through Arctic blizzards from home to the relief of stricken E. in the Winter of 2009.

Ren spent minutes in bitter cold, facing wild animals, and ultimately risking death from exposure, all to save me from the bitter throes of migraine. How much do we love her? So much.


side note: anyone else in utter awe of the sheer number of Balto quotes they've got stocked up on IMDB? This wouldn't be a problem unless you take a look at the more quotable sorts of movies and see the difference.

2 comments:

Caye said...

Have I mentioned Lately that I love your blog.
Yes, I do.

Nichole said...

Hey, this is unrelated, but yeah, you did find WF Nichole! Yay Elizabeth! I will add your blog to my reader because it's lovely. ;) And I'll try to post more of my story soon...