5.1.09

the beat

Oh, hooray! A wonderful New Year and we're already five days in---Lauren flew in Friday, we scrapped Wooten House on Saturday, and moved into our last-minute-crisis apartment late last night. It's been a crazy weekend, to say the least, and what with today's full class schedule and some serious book buying to do, it's not over yet. So, please, put your hands together for the Lovely Liv, my super savvy sister who's going to take over the keyboard while I work on moving in, moving out, and moving back in again.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Christmas morning was just as magical as always (if not more so), and Elizabeth had many amazing prezzies to open. Little did she know that one such present contained what could possibly alter her world, or at least change her outlook. The package read "To: Elizabeth Love: Destiny." Inside was this little bundle of joy:


Let me back track--- When my mom, my little sister Naomi and myself went to Europe this November to pick up Elizabeth, we had this running joke about the JoBros and how Elizabeth is most compatable with the oldest one, Kevin. Take what you will from that, and if you can't quite imagine how unfortunate this is, I invite to watch a film of epic quality: CAMP ROCK. Okay, moving on. So Naomi and I were at Rite Aid (anyone who knows me, knows that Rite Aid is my one of my favorite places ever and my own personal weakness. The Delilah to my Samson, The Spencer Pratt to my Heidi. You get the picture.) and we were walking down the aisles, when in a serendipitous moment I reached for the beautiful, eloquently written Tiger Beat magazine. A classic. It's sure to have many gems hidden within the Jonas Brother, Miley Cyrus, Disney superstar filled pages. Sure enough we came across this little piece of heaven on Earth: Kevin Jonas, promising us true love in the year 2009. CLEARLY this was a sign. That is all I need to say.

What can we learn from this turn of fate? TIGER BEAT magazine is a compass which can guide us in our quest to find happiness this year. I have a good feeling about this year. Nine is my lucky number.

From me and E to you, wishing you a New Year filled with true love. Peace Out!

xoxo

LIV




3 comments:

Andino said...

can your family adopt me please? I love this post. Hilarious. And um hi, you live one floor down from me. Can we say happy?!

M said...

A guest blogger! How exciting. Don't know that I ever saw the inside of the envelope from Destiny. Hilarious. Especially now that I know the story behind it.

Rich said...

0 ~ What a treasure you found inside that wonderful magazine. What did Destiny give to you?