27.11.08

dankeschön

It's funny, isn't it, that my most favorite Thanksgivings have been so far from home? Today I am grateful for:

:::seven-hour train trips (and holding your breath through the Alpine tunnels)

:::conversations only sisters could have (". . .and that's how I feel about Prop 8."---"Do you think Angela will get married?"---"I love Volvos.")

:::wooden bridges over icy lakes (and an H&M on the other side)

:::raclette with dear friends (and a family history that pulls me to this country like no other)

:::Switzerland (and the inspiration in every wooded valley and frozen lake)

Also, meine Mutter, for speaking German as if she speaks nothing else. My dad and brother, for going this holiday alone. And German keyboards, for making this post so much harder to type than it should have been.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Angela Martin? Dwangela or Andygela?

Allie said...

I love holding my breath through tunnels too.