5.7.08

hail brittania

So much to say with so very little time---at the moment I'm in a rather rainy, surprisingly cold, and constantly cloudy Cardiff. In other words: fantastic. Britain's everything I've ever hoped it would be.

Yesterday was a whirlwind day in London, flying into Heathrow in the early morning and spending the next hours about the city before catching a coach into Wales. I've become a major fan of the Underground (despite the smell), Hydepark (such a nap as never before!), and Cadbury vending machines (it's true, they exist!), plus just about everything else. I don't think I'll ever get enough of London. I'm excited to head back next weekend and see the more touristy sorts of things---though I took a good look about Westminster and Big Ben, I wasn't up to much museum-ing on so little sleep.

And Cardiff? Cardiff is already close and dear to my heart. I'm more than happy to live here, tucked away in a small flat along a row of flats in a whole neighbourhood of flats that all look exactly the same. Last night's walk from Cardiff Central into Roath I passed a Topshop and an H&M, about two dozen Indian restaurants, and the castle. Yep. I can definitely do this.

Til next time---cheerio!

8 comments:

M said...

E! You're there! Can you believe it?! It sounds like it already suits you. I love your new banner. I love your "nieghbourhood" with the ou (can't wait to see pictures) and...I love you! Cheers.
M

olivia said...

it sounds like it is your perfect place! and it could quickly become mine, with a h&m AND a topshop...

Allie said...

Yay! You're there! I'm so jealous. Can I please accompany you in spirit?

Sara B said...

I am SO jealous! So glad you get to have this incredible experience! Have a marvelous time and be safe, but not too safe!

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously, totally jealous. Even though I'm currently on a hacked computer inside the CTM, your story is so much cooler. Email me your address so I don't have to keep sending letters to your house!

Andino said...

Ah! I love that you have a blog and that we're house mates and that you're sitting right next to me reading my blog!!! Yay Wales!

Ali said...

So fun! I am just so excited for you! Your life is complete.

Annie said...

OH!! Looking forward to many more posts and months worth of silver-lined stories of your reality....