18.6.08

word.

The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling
of the words being there, written in
invisible ink and clamoring to become visible.

..::VLADIMIR NABAKOV::..

On the first page of my third grade journal I wrote the name of my crush upside-down and scribbled through on the bottom margin, so sure of such top-notch security. This weekend I discovered that I did the same on page fifty-three of my seventeen-year-old self, only by then I'd added the measure of writing it out in French. Yeah, you would hope I would've just grown out of it by then.

At least I've held on to the journal writing, though. And with these new additions to my shelf, I couldn't be more excited to carry on: they're custom made, sized and fit to my travel plans. Thanks to a darling duo (discovered through etsy but only blocks away from my own apartment), my Bargain Basement finds have new life, stacked full of blank pages and possibility. Oh, how I heart them.

So if you're in the neighborhood, or up for the shipping, hop on over to joshuaandjulielee. You'll help out an artsy couple on their way to their BFAs and snag a crazy-cool journal. As they would say, Oh Happy Day!


2 comments:

Ali said...

So fabulous! Journals are such a true addiction. Especially etsy ones. Hooray for your travels that will be scribbled in darling journals!

LindseyWatts said...

I will admit it now, I'm a blog stalker. I was at marcus's and then I saw you had one and I came here. I saw your post about the journals and thought I would check them out and they actually had a journal made from a beloved childrens book that I have not seen in years. Of course I bought it, and then I bought another one. so anyway...I'm just thanking you for the post, and I hope I am not freaking you out by blogstalking.