11.4.08

yes.

If April showers bring May flowers, April snowstorms better whip up a bloody good show.

Just back from Juno at the Dollar Theatre. If I could piece together some coherent criticism I'd certainly type it here, but at the moment it's all something of a "huh." More or less wondering what all the fuss was about.

Caved in and bought A Countess Below Stairs Today. Think I've found my muse in Eva Ibbotson. Had one of those bookish moments where, resurfacing from a full two hours of novel, I quite literally forgot I was actually on a college campus amidst college students in the year 2008. That's when you know it's good.

Huzzah, Jim is back. Thursdays are happy again.

And I'm really only typing to avoid my dreams, which have been exceptionally bizarre lately. Oh well. Cowboy up and all that. Goodnight!

*what kind of expression is "cowboy up"?! Honestly.

4 comments:

M said...

That's funny you posted that about April snow. I was going to write something to the effect of: "If April showers bring May flowers, this better be good." Your was, and always is, much better said. And, oh, Jim! What would we do without him?!

M Shepherd said...

Well, if you look up "cowboy up" on Wikipedia, you get redirected to "Red Sox Nation". I have no idea why.

On "Juno": as Olivia (Roberts) would say, you can hear the writers high-fiving (fiveing?) every time Miss Page opens her mouth. The too-hip dialogue wasn't enough to distract me from the strange time warp they seem to live in, though.

That was maybe the most awkward episode of "The Office" I've ever seen. I'm so bad at witnessing train wrecks, even fictional ones.

Allie said...

Yeah, Juno... I liked it but I expected something mindboggling, the way it was hyped up.

Annie said...

Thank you. My thoughts entirely. Only the dad seemed bearable and human in Juno while all the rest of the film felt not-quite-right and a-little-too-forced funny.