15.11.07

salmagundi

Yep, still up, and feeling rather guilty for my last Post of No Substance. I took an hour or so to ponder it, filling my tub with boiling water and bath milk and my bathroom in steam as John Mayer crooned Continuum from my laptop. Goodness, I thought, this is NaBloPoMo, for Pete's sake! What rubbish are you coming up with anyway?

I tried to let it go, but the perfectionist in me won't have it. The trouble is, what to write? I feel like the most I could do was sing praises to this day and humanity, but I'm afraid you've heard quite a lot of that from me and, though it may be perfectly true, too much of a good thing can turn sour. What to write, what to write? Should I tell you about WF conferencing today, about Excel training til nine, about twirling giddily with Jacq as I walked home tonight?

Yet the thoughts I came up with only lend themselves to one-sentence ideas, and so that is all I have for you---another series of line-blank-line:


::: If I'm so good at cutting bangs, why not go ahead and style my whole head of hair?

::: Sometimes I like living with these roommates only because I feel like I'm living alone.

::: If I had to trade old books for new ones, which ones would I let go?

::: There is a fifty book checkout limit at the uni library. I'm currently borrowing 43.

::: Is tomorrow afternoon's conference cancellation a sign from heaven, or am I looking too far into the newly free hours after CS Lewis?

::: "It's the greatest voyage in the history of plastic" is a fabulous lyric.

::: The Last Battle isn't necessarily the greatest bubble bath read, but it will suffice.

and

::: Salmagundi is my new-new favorite word of the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

crooned is an awful word.

M said...

Amen to your Regina! Amen.

M said...

1) O is hilarious. 2) Ticker Factory is almost down to weeks. WEEKS! SO exciting!!

Ben said...

I'm at 49 right now, but the only real benefit I get with my staff job at the library (the only benefit that matters, really) is that I can check out 100 books at a time, and for six months each. Try not to be too jealous. ;)