20.9.07

the boy who was better than books

Thursdays, some might say, are my Destiny Days. Everything good in the world seems to come together on this day, every moment seems a miracle. I've wondered sometimes if this is simply my own making, as I've long loved Thursdays simply for the name and the time they fall in the week. But whatever it may be, Thursdays always come through.

Today I had a brilliant morning hour of Italian, where for the first time all semester I felt as if I actually understood what was going on. I worked a busy two hours in the LRC and talked Kim Possible and Samauri Jack with Nefi. I took my first stab at Fellowing this afternoon and remembered why I applied in the first place. I spent a glorious hour discussing Mere Christianity and then another discussing Wales with the Study Abroad office. I was feeling pretty good, and it was only five o'clock.

Then I checked the mailbox. And there it was, a letter with a Napa return address, my name written out in perfect, slanting cursive. With this inside. Isn't it all you've ever looked for? Share your thoughts, guys: this is very 'us' and we should all have something to say!

What more to say but Thanks, Grandma Blue!!

2 comments:

M said...

We're so on the same page...well, almost. I've got a post, in draft form, all about books - books that we read once, then turn back to, for one reason or another...kind of along the lines of your thoughts on re-reading Screwtape Letters - how you noticed things this time that you hadn't before, how with our own growth, we can more fully grasp, be it ever so limp, the ideas of such a mind as Lewis, (etc., etc., etc.) It's not gelling together like I want it to, but one day it will make it onto MM. Anyway...here's to BOOKS!

p dot s dot: What a romantic story! Can I BE her?! Oh, the tragic remains of MY day(s)! Must remedy. Lots of love.
M

Jacq. said...

Hey e,

I must say this little story charmed me and, like with Stardust, the magic lingers. I saw this vision of marc and me reading together! Ah!!! So good. I love ya!