31.1.07

wo ai ni

Xinyi's at work and I am here, alone, trying to get used to the change. We geared up for this, spent the entire weekend together eating noodles and watching Taiwanese teledrama from episode one to the grand finale. We screamed at Xiang Qin together, laughed at Ah Jin together, swooned over Zhi Shu together. . .and now there's only silence. Every night from six to eleven, silence.
I'm tempted to watch episode nineteen again, the one where Zhi Shu realises his True Love. I'm tempted, but I don't understand Chinese, written or spoken.
And my translator's at work.

6 comments:

Ali said...

He's doing the peace sign. . .that's my favorite thing about Asians.

E. said...

Ah! I know! Just for you, just for you. Did I ever tell you that I asked Xinyi about that? She thought a good long while, finally answering: "I don't know where it comes from; I think I was born with it."
Remember Rotorua? Good times--sulfur, peace signs and all.

Ali said...

Rotorua is one of my very favorite memories in life. Researching the origin of the peace sign by Asians would be an interesting project. . .maybe we should investigate that. Could I do that for my senior thesis?

Anonymous said...

wo ai ni Zhi Shu.

Anonymous said...

"2 WEEKS AGO!"

Ali said...

Asians remind me of Richard Fetzer. I'll never forget that face of his while he was the only white boy on that boat. Of course it happened to him. Classic.