4.10.10



:::Marno, Nab, aku. At the train station to Surabaya last week, where we arrived at the super-swanky hotel with skyscraper views and I fell sick with a sudden, sweeping fever. Spent most of PLD curled up on the floor against my chair, trying to listen to Elder Meek's training but hearing the sentences all backwards. Was sick all through Saturday and half of Sunday, which is why there is really no email to be had today. No news, no news at all. I stayed home with a member while my companions went out. I slept for what might actually be a total of 76 hours. I don't know. I don't remember. I was asleep.




:::Fashion Show at Sister Kaswat's, which I send you because a) Sister Kaswat makes really awesome clothes and b) then I get to take the cloth scraps and make really awesome scripture covers out of them so that Marno can match her skirt to her Book of Mormon. Brilliant! Also, scratch the leather-bound Indonesian version; I bound my new triple combo in batik and am more than satisfied with the result.



Dear Ones:::

The carcass count is up to six and I am soooo not feeling any sort of sorry anymore because seriously? SIX? What did they think this is, some sort of veritable smorgasbord, orgasbord, orgasbord? I stopped all the regret after bagging number two and am now just grateful Meek was around to take care of the last and particularly jelly-bellied Templeton. Ick.

All of our appointments have fallen through this week but tonight we're going to try to stop in at Pak Pur's so . . . tally-ho. Sorry for the lack of really much of anything but after last Wednesday I was sick for a few days, went to church, walked a lot, and then pretty much just helped Marno pack for the last 24 hours. So you're not missing anything. Really.

Love you.

E.




:::Two via Taxi. A final shot with Marno, who we dropped off at the Base just this afternoon. I am struggling with the absence; I've never been a missionary in Indonesia without her at least in my same house and now suddenly she is . . . not. This might also be a factor in my muse-less writing state today. The truth is I feel small and scared. I will work on feeling big and brave. But mostly I'm just a little butterfly dancer.


No comments: