17.6.09

driving down the 101

I took the wheel on this little California adventure of ours, and while sometimes stressful and occasionally downright obnoxious, I can't say these notorious California freeways were much more intense than Disney's Autopia.

Plus, those roads take you to pleasant places like Malibu for breakfasts on the beach and Bel Air for shameless stares and open mouths and The Getty for spectacular scenery and a healthy dose of art and architecture.

That being said, I loathe intensely Los Angeles traffic. But appreciate moments like the boy in the next lane over practicing his magic tricks in the standstill or the road sign for the Museum of Tolerance just as I was about to completely lose it.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

you are so beautiful. i love you. :)

Sum said...

This picture of all four of you reminds me of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. :)
Wow. You deserve a LOT of credit for driving in L.A. I know I NEVER could. Those streets are just insane. I've been to L.A. a few times, but I've never been to the Getty. I want to go badly. Looks like all of you had so much fun! :)

Kelsie Lynn said...

elizabeth you look beautiful! so glad your trip was amazing. disneyland..ahhh

Meredith Shatzer said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I'm going to miss seeing your beautiful face!