8.4.09

I am sure we never read the same

{ or not with the same feelings }

I like how, on days when a million trillion things go wrong, there are another million trillion things that go right, too. Life is pretty great like that.

{ TODAY }

I still need to catch up on thirty-six days in my writing journal,
but I found a new favorite book.

I didn't have a spare second to eat today,
but I had the time to make a new friend.

I was late to my last Writing Fellow conference,
but on time to work in the lab.

I worked a four-hour, crazy-customer shift,
but boy brought chocolate and we talked JD Salinger.

I had to make a ten minute movie in German,
but I got to be bit by einen kleiner Vampir.
And then stage an epic death/fight scene.

{ yes. in that order. }

It took three hours to film,
but I snuck up to visit Suzanne afterward.

It is past midnight and those last million things have yet to be checked off the to-do list, but tulips were on sale today at Smith's (which, incidentally, is only one listen of Demi Lovato's Don't Forget away). You see? Everything keeps a balance, after all.

4 comments:

Miss Stack said...

What's your new favorite book? Also, my favorite part of your day was when you came and visited. Actually it was my favorite part of my day! It was like a little bit of happiness amongst the terror... never watch Schindler's List by yourself late at night.

Sum said...

I like your flower picture! I couldn't agree more with you. Disasters and miracles always come in a pair along with many blessings.

Christian said...

Bist du auch aus dem Kuchenbank herausgesprungen?
So this is Chris(tian) from Writing Fellows (who also teaches the German class after yours) and Nichole Trone (who is in town today and tomorrow only) showed me your blog and told me to follow it. I hope you don't mind. :)

E. said...

Suzy-Q: I'm adoring Listening is an Act of Love, a compilation of stories from the brilliant StoryCorps project.

Sum: Thanks! I hope you're experiencing your fair share of miracles in this crazy finals week, too :)

Chris: Ach, nein. Ich war die Mutter--aber habe ich getötet, so das war kuhl (and also probably completely wrong German). Don't mind the following at all, I'm glad you found me!