4.2.09

they build buildings so tall these days

Have we talked about how much I love my brother? Probably not enough. ONE, he's a total stud. All that athletic ability so innate to both mum+dad skipped straight to him, and he routinely returns victorious from various fields and courts and competitions. TWO, he's also super heartthrob material. There's that smile, of course, but he's also got the personality to match, all charisma and the most sincere sensitivity to all those around him. Then, to top this all off (THREE), he whips out his art skillz. I know, right?

I found this little corner of a sketch on the round table when I was home this weekend, and it turns out it was pretty prophetic, too. Monday? Beautiful. Skipping through fields of wildflowers. Tuesday? A long and tiring hike across clifftops, but worth the view. Wednesday? Should've known there'd be a shark behind my shoulder.

I am now going to listen to This Song is Actually Called Happiness a few more times and then maybe cry myself to sleep.

Okay. So maybe it's not that bad. But I do feel like throwing things at walls.

3 comments:

M said...

The other thing, Soul Sister, is that in addition to our similar titles, I was also working on a post about my dear brother even before I read yours! Crizazy!
And, I will always love Dan Man. Always.

olivia said...

I actually cried when I was reading this because i love our dan man so much.

you sound angry. dont listen to elliot smith. it wont make you happier... :)

Anonymous said...

I love our little Dan Man! Story- Today Daniel called mum and dad in carpool and he kept on saying "Love you," over and over again.

I wish there were more like him.