10.1.09

anyone lived in a pretty how town


Sometimes, I don't want to be here. In this town, on this campus. I feel too much of a pull to my city, to my family. To countries across oceans. Other times, like today times, I find it strangely satisfying.

1:::
A Friday night with the girls---with all the insanity, insight, and constant laughter, it's like we never left Siena.

2::: Amphigorey, Also. Because Edward Gorey not only gets the writing right, the illustration's my favorite as well. Because I've read it just about every semester. And because I checked out another dozen books today, so why not this one?

3::: My dad's the new constant on my "recent recipients" texting list. Never thought it would happen, so love that it did.

4::: Debating The Killers' dancer/denser in a frozen Brigham Square.

and

5::: Scone party tomorrow---a Sunday tradition we didn't have to leave in Cardiff.

I am re-remembering that, when what you love is far, you (and only you) have the memory to bring it back again. Hooray for old books made new, family only a phone away, and new friends that feel they've been with me all along.


image via {ellemoss} , post title courtesy of mr. e.e.

4 comments:

Meredith Shatzer said...

My dear - I've found you. Now I'll just have to catch up on the last year of your life.

Sara B said...

E- I love to read your blog. I must thank you for the quote posted in the sidebar- it was greatly needed today. Thank you!

Rich said...

E ~ I blogged again. Thanks for the reminder! BTW, love your blog.

olivia said...

you should blog. soon.

ps i am watching the news and it says that it is 7 DEGREES in Provo! whooooa. My condolences.