20.10.08

well, that was weird.

I was just talked out of school by my teacher. Muzzi, no less. Of all the people in all the world, she would be the one to stare down my coughing fits and then tell me to tough it out. Instead, she was all sympathy and motherly worry.

"But we hardly have any time to learn as it is!" I said.

"Go. Home. And don't come back. At least not today."

"What about the Oral Exam?!" I exclaimed.

"We'll move it to Wednesday! You'll be better then."

"Don't you want to give me homework?" I tried.

"No. But you should drink hot milk and honey."

Which was the third time an Italian has given me such instructions, so I think I should probably listen? I guess it will give me something to do, anyhow, seeing as I suddenly have an entire day free, and I do know that I'm not well enough to spend it gallivanting about Siena.

But I really did think I was up for school.

1 comment:

olivia said...

you are insane.