7.10.08

at least this fixes the vampire problem

Today Peter took advantage of our post-exam high to assign us a whole lot of homework. A few sketches, some more fun with a Mother Color, an exercise in Warm and Cool. Oh, and buy garlic. Seven of them. So we can draw them over and over and over again for the rest of our days in Siena.

The thing is, he announced this like our smiles should match his. I think maybe I'd be a little more inclined to share the joy if we were talking something a little more happy-smelling. Like oranges, or lavendar, or fall leaves. And four drawings a week for the next six weeks seems a mite much, when you throw in the intensive Italian. Putting a due date to these assignments has me panicked; suddenly, it's October. Give it three more weeks and I'm in November, then December, then Home. Time really wears on me, if I try too hard to understand it.

Anyway, I guess I need some garlic. And maybe an extra day or two.

3 comments:

Allie said...

I'm in the same place right now - my dissertation plus a few other essays due in just over a week. And then, the year is over. This has been such a wonderful year that I almost wish assignments were dragged out even further.

Kimberly said...

oh my gosh, you're right, Peter is paranoid about people getting sick...Imagine what he would do if someone turned into a vampiro. Freak Out. is what he would do. But, the garlic thing is a myth, so he really doesn't know what he's doing. He's probably worried because we all want to go to Volterra so bad.

Andino said...

the lady I work for swears that eating pickled garlic cures any sickness. So if you get sick from drawing garlic you can pickle them and eat it. Let me know how that goes.