21.9.08

{aspiring}

week fifteen:::a quality you aspire to

I had a ridiculous amount of fun with this one, but when it comes right down to explaining it things get a little muddled. First of all, I think I made this specific quality up. Secondly, I still don't know what to call it. Everything I come up with looks excessively alliterative, but at this point, it will have to do. So, to explain:

I aspire to Constant Creation. Or being Creative Constantly. Or maybe Constantly Cultivating Creativity. Take your pick; I'm afraid it won't make sense anyway without some examples.

like

EMILY FALCONBRIDGE:::She's the one that got me started with this art journal in the first place, which should be some indication of what she's about. But what I really love most about her is that art is a part of every corner of her life, from camera straps to afternoon snacks. What's more, she makes it a part of your life, too---her ideas and inspiration nearly demand that you rush off for an hour or two with paper and scissors. I feel like she is in a state of constant creation.

M.WRITES:::Besides hearting her mini journals and lower-case letters, I love how simple she makes living lovely seem. Sometimes, creating beauty is only a matter of adding a square of color here or a particular shine of ribbon there.

MOSTLY MARTHA:::This is where things get a little unfair, because not only does Martha have the color and composition thing down, she creates the most marvelous little stories, too. They begin and end just like a favorite memory, slipping in and out of consciousness with all the warmth and wonder her tales of family, childhood, friends and living hold. I love taking a minute to choose one at random from the archives; it has some Harry Potter magic to it, stealing memories from the Pensieve.

All of the above, essentially, give a good part of themselves to making this world more beautiful. They play with color and line, paper and texture, words and metaphor, creating miniature masterpieces as part of their everyday living. And luckily for us, they let us become a part of it, too.

Long story short, I'm lugging along my little box of inks and thread wherever I go, no matter what my dad says.

1 comment:

olivia said...

i love it! well done my dear, well done.

cheerio
o