25.8.08

turns out,

I'm allergic to London. At least, it seems like I am: each trip I've made to this grand city ends in a terribly red, itchy rash on my ankles. Only London, every time. The good news is that it's gone within twenty four hours, and tomorrow I leave London for good (until I come back, of course).


It's been a crazy weekend, and a rather good farewell. Saturday was all markets, and Sunday all churches, and today was all me, wandering (Andrea left me this morning, and now I am all alone). I walked from Westminster to Covent Garden, and up through Camden to Oxford Street. I braved the Notting Hill Carnival for some excellent people watching and long thoughts of What Is This World Coming To, and by the time I wandered back home I had fifteen miles behind me and one new blister on my pinky toe. A glorious place, London. I am going to miss it.

But now, to the Continent! By Saturday I will be in Rome, and in between is all sorts of train rides and hostels and adventures. I have absolutely no idea exactly what I'm doing, and it feels great.

Huzzah!




6 comments:

M said...

Good luck, E! Wish I was there...quite a bit, but am so proud you're off discovering on your own.

Andino said...

Goodness you're going to have SO much fun! I miss you tons! Did you get into Westminster for free?!

Andino said...

Goodness you're going to have SO much fun! I miss you tons! Did you get into Westminster for free?!

Annie said...

we are going to be in Vienna the 28th, Budapest the 29th and 30th, and Croatia the 30th-1st. If you happen to bump into us (on purpose or on accident)we would love it.

Allie said...

Can I come too?!

Andino said...

ok so I'm commenting again because I don't have your e-mail and I'm missing you like mad! I'm getting a calling card the second I have money and calling you! I can't wait to hear about your adventures!