17.6.08

spinning wheel got to go round

"He liked to observe emotions; they were like
red lanterns strung along
the dark unknown
of another's personality, marking vulnerable points."

Definitely cried in Kung Fu Panda last night. Laughed the full two hours of the latest YTS gathering. Wrote lyrics for my sister's new song. Booked hostels across Europe while listening to Atlanta gospel. Sent off two letters to opposite sides of the globe; listened to Papa's stories of sleeping on luggage racks and giving away blue jeans in the Soviet states. Yeah, it's been one of those weeks.

Which made it a little more difficult to art to the third prompt: I am. With the above tally, I am:

::: emotionally unstable.
::: so loved.
::: in complete awe of my sister's musical ways.
::: crazy-excited.
::: missing my missionaries.
::: feeling a little sentimental.

Throw in the growing panic of a term ending all too soon and a countdown nearing the fortnight mark, and this card is something of a mess. And two days late. But here all the same.

And now I get to go write a paper on linguistics, huzzah!

{lyrics: olivia | london map: cavallini | quote: ayn rand | everything else: my own}

3 comments:

M said...

Would that be M.M., perhaps? I am adoring/admiring these art cards so very much.

I missed you by moments this morning. I saw you pull away just as I was headed out the door!

Annie said...

I NEED to hear the song. I bet its good. And...your emotional instability makes you both lovable and human. I can totally relate.

E. said...

saltbox girl: Oh, you win! Love that you could tell with only the corner of a smile to go on.

annie: Everyone needs to hear these songs. Olivia's set to take the world by storm if she keeps this frenzy up---perhaps we could manage to grab her for our next YTS gathering?