8.6.08

I'm made of atoms, and you're made of atoms, and we're all in this together


After a full day of reunions and farewells, answering week two's "what's powerful to you?" was easy. Connections. Roots. Shared History. Friends. I've been thinking about the words I read a few weeks ago---"Life sometimes adopts a theme for a while, doesn't it? Where for a few weeks, everything you hear, see, and feel seems to be focused on the same thing"---and can't get you guys out of my head.

{this will be a sentimental post.}

Kit's off to Singapore. David's writing a book. Hannah's shooting weddings across the country, Jenny's just back from Paris and heading into the summer theatre season. Anna's in love and Marcus leaves for Brazil all too soon. But today we filled up church pews and a summer afternoon; just us, all us. Gathering for goodbyes in the face of so many wild, new hellos.

And I loved that we have kept close despite all these different directions, that we pick up conversations where they left off and start new ones to finish the next time. I love that we're all doing what we love and so happy for each other's choices. I love the peace and the calm that I feel just to be in the same space with you. You are the very souls that make me so often want to sing, "humanity!", and you, my friends, are powerful.

So here's to the Nerd Herd, the B.E.A., and the Heartbeat. And the So Much More yet to come.

2 comments:

M Shepherd said...

Gosh, I love you and our friends. I cannot wait for that moment in 2.5 years when we're in the pews of your own ward. I'm going to cry my eyes out.

olivia said...

tear.