25.2.07

deep thoughts for a deeper night

Not actually mine, of course.


* * * * *

I don't require you to fall in love
with my boy, but please help him.
If only one could stop him from brooding.
And on what? The things of the universe.
I don't believe in this world sorrow. Do you?

No, I don't. Not at all, Mr. Emerson.

Well, there you are.
Make my boy realize that,
at the side of the everlasting "why",
there is a "yes," and a "yes," and a "yes"!

* * * * *

For hours' worth of conversation you would think there would be more
to be said, and yet I find it all summed up quite nicely in the words of
Room With A View's Mr. Emerson. It's a truth, and a simple one---and
in it, the answers to that vast universe, the echoes of the silver chair, the
rush of stepping into nineteen.


Why?

Yes.

No comments: